Questions and other inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORK IN PRACTICE:
To fulfill the ISO 14001 principle of continual improvement we keep setting new standards to improve our environmental efforts. Thus, we continuously measure and keep track of our operations, like fuel and electricity consumption, or the amount of waste recycled.
Our environmental team track and initiate environmentally friendly efforts throughout the company. The team consists of the Head of Environmental Efforts, EHS Manager, Warehouse & Logistics Manager and the CEO. The last member is the Sustainable Development Correspondent, a coordinator from headquarters who make sure we are up to date on the company internal practices, demands and goals.
JCDecaux’ activities have a negative impact on the environment in three main areas: Transport emissions, indoor energy consumption and energy consumption from our street furniture, as well as general waste.
Continuous reduction of emissions per kilometer is done by the following measures.
• Optimized routes to reduce total distance
• Implementing zero-emission and hybrid vehicles
• ECO-drive classes for all employees with a company car
Reduced energy consumption indoor and and from our street furniture id done by the following measures
• Light switches off automatically
• Demands to property manager regarding:
• Zone controlled LED lighting
• Energy optimization
• LED lighting in all new street furniture
• Automatically reduce energy consumption through a “sleep” function for screen based advertising in stations and malls outside regular opening hours
• Optimized brightness for bigger LED screens
Optimized waste disposal
• Recycling tempered glass – used for insulation materials
• Sorting rate of minimum 90%
• Thorough review of materials received from printers. Optimize the number of posters per campaign, reducing the amount of posters printed
• Reduce the amount of paper used daily by
• Eliminating lists for campaigns using handheld terminals
• Printing double sided
ENVIRONMENTAL EFFORTS AND THE WORLD AROUND US
JCDecaux annually publish a climate accounts report as part of the company’s annual Environmental Report.
Through internal company demands, all sub-contractors are subject to a thorough inspection and classification. Annual revisions are also held among our most important sub-contractors where the environmental performance is key.
CLIMATE NEUTRAL OPERATIONS
All electricity consumption is compensated by buying Guarantees of Origin, aka green certificates.
All emissions from transportation, flights and waste is compensated by buying UN approved Carbon Credits. These credits support a biomass-based power plant in India – CDM 40478.
+47 23 00 75 00